Sunday, September 24, 2006

Charles Loves Him Really

The picture on the left was taken in happier times. The good old days when Charles Clarke and Gordon Brown were great friends. False smiles and fake laughs were the order of the day back then. Will they ever return to that level of closeness?

I think the answer is no, but that hasn't stopped Charles Clarke apologising for the personal statements he made about Gordon earlier in the month.

The BBC is reporting that Clarke apologised tonight at a Fabian Society fringe meeting. He claims that he did not behave in the "best and most advised way". Er, that's not an apology. That's a... well I don't know what it is, but it certainly isn't sorry. In any event, I don't think you can apologise easily for saying that someone is a "control freak" and that they would have to prove their fitness to lead the country.

I once told my girlfriend that she did indeed look fat in the outfit she was wearing. Now this is arguably a lesser offence than calling someone out in the national media, but I certainly had to apologise a little harder than "my love, maybe that wasn't the best and most advised way to behave". I think she would have clipped me around the ear.

Charles, try flowers, dinner and some Barry White.
Gordon, please give him a chance

No comments: