Saturday, September 30, 2006

David Cameron Launches Blog

Check out the new David Cameron blog right here. Not sure how this will play out or even whether it will last, but there are some pretty interesting videos.

I don't know how I feel about the blogging from around the house routine. I understand the desire to engage with a new audience, but I think just blogging achieves that. It feels a little contrived to be on your webcam at the sink. I'm assuming that Cameron has a home office (you'd hope so). If that is the case then why doesn't he blog from his desk? Is he that busy that the only time he can blog is when he's washing up? And who's holding the camera? I'm also not really comfortable being this close to the life of a politician. It's taking personality politics to a whole new level. Maybe we can sponsor a "take your blog to work day".

The comments section is very interesting and I hope that it becomes a true forum for debate. It should be treated no differently from an appearance in a local town hall.

In terms of clear difference, this is the kind of communication that would be almost impossible for Gordon Brown to pull off, so to that extent it's a winner already.

4 comments:

Rick said...

Why doesn't he wire his house up with Webcams so we can totally bored by this pretentious drivel.

I can go to http://www.arrse.co.uk/
and watch videoclips of British and Canadian soldiers fighting in Afghanistan.................I know which one's real and which I respect

Disillusioned and Bored said...

Well I suppose the two aren't mutually exclusive. You could watch the Afghan videos and watch the Cameron web cam. I agree that it is a little contrived, but give him credit for trying.

Anonymous said...

What a pile of shit. More style, even less substance! Give me a break

Anonymous said...

It's pretty interesting. Love the kids.