Thursday, September 28, 2006

Jack Straw's Deputy Leadership Bid Up In Smoke

BBC Question Time tonight was quite revealing for poor old Jack Straw. I'm sure in the final analysis he will regret taking part in the show. He refused to answer the question of whether he's going to stand for the post of Deputy Leader because he hasn't made up his mind. He then took a real pounding on the Iraq question. For the other Deputy Leadership challengers, it is quite clear where his weakness is. He was instrumental in taking us into Iraq and will be forever tied to that poor decision making process.

Lib Dem Jenny Tonge came up with the best quote when she said "I've never heard anyone dig so hard and so deep." I think she summed it up perfectly. Straw's campaign might be over before it's even started.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll see if his campaign is done or not--as Dr. Johnson said, "Even a horse must have his hay now and again."

Essexpot said...

Say what you like about his chances, I can't help but like his photo! Dead on sexy is dead on sexy, and, oh, what I'd do with those glasses if I had the chance...