Tuesday, February 06, 2007

They Can't See The Small Business Bureaucracy For The Trees

I have just received a letter from HM Revenue & Customs inviting me to a "London Business Advice Day" to help me deal with government red tape, sorry help me succeed in running my business. There are a ridiculous number of public bodies to meet. Here's the letter:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am delighted to enclose an invitation to a free business advice day being hosted by HM Revenue and Customs on Wednesday 21st March 2007 at The Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, Islington, London, N1 0QH.

Over 50 Government Departments, agencies and public sector organisations will be attending the event, providing advice and support to help you succeed in running your business successfully.

There are also free education semnars on a range of isses, to help you make the most of your day.

For further details please see the enclosed flyer or alternatively visit our website at www. businessadviceday.co.uk

I hope you will be able to join us.

Yours faithfully,

Roger Lovell
Business Liaison Team Manager

Over 50 bloody organisations and agencies!!! If this many entities are involved, no wonder small business is suffering. This is a shambles and a good example of unjoined up government. I definitely won't be wasting a day at this thing. I spend enough time filling out the endless forms and complying with the infinite regulations that these people spew out on a daily basis.

No comments: